Happy Season's Sweetness

1 view

Anil Kumar Pugalia

Jun 27, 2021, 1:33:34 AM6/27/21
to Computer Club India
Dear Friends,

Hope you have not forgotten to enjoy this season's mangoes, even with the suspense all around. If not yet, order and get them, wash them properly, and relish them.

As per the demand of time, we are doing online classroom-type trainings, to soothe our minds. For the complete list of the online trainings, check out the "Online Schedules" section below.

Feel free to forward this & forthcoming museletters to your friends, who you think, might be interested in knowledge grabbing. Also, like &/or share our Facebook page SysPlay.

Readers' Corner

For the collection of all our past articles on Linux Drivers, Maths, Linux Kernel Internals, DIY Electronics, Philosophy, Linux tidbits, Logic, and Embedded Systems, visit Articles on our website.

In particular, you may check the e-book on Linux Device Drivers, here.

Online Schedules

+ Baremetal Programming live on BeagleBone Black, this month: (Regn. Closed)
    > Started on 5th June '21: Baremetal Programming using Embedded C online training by Pugs. See Details.

Extras

+ Answer to previous month's riddles:
  1. There was the father, his son, and his son's son. This equals 2 fathers and 2 sons for a total of 3.
  2. We have received multiple solutions for the same, and they all seem to be valid:
        > 25. How? 12 -> next number 3 -> 3^2 = 9, 23 -> 4 -> 4^2 = 16; 34 -> 5 -> 5^2 = 25, ...
        > 25. How? ((1+2) - 0)^2 = 9, ((2+3) - 1)^2 = 16, ((3+4)- 2)^2 = 25, ...
        > 13. How? 34 x 34 = 1156 -> 1 + 1 + 5 + 6 = 13.
+ Riddles
  1. What can you catch but never throw?
  2. ABCDE x 4 = EDCBA. A, B, C, D, E are different non-zero digits. What are they?

If you think you have the clues, shoot back a reply.

+ Opportunities in Difficulties

"Is your life full of difficulties and temptations? Then be happy, for when the way is rough, your patience has a chance to grow. So let it grow, and don't try to squirm out of your problems". So, rather than praying for no problems, let's pray for giving us the ability to find opportunities in difficulties. Here are a couple of real life motivating stories:

Do you know that the "Woody Woodpecker" cartoon started life as a problem for honeymooners?

Grace and Walter Lantz rented a rustic wooden cabin in the forest for their honeymoon. At the first dawn there, a woodpecker started its pounding on the roof. The newlyweds couldn't sleep for the noise. With humour, they heard it day after day. By the time they returned from their honeymoon, they were inspired to create a cartoon character, "Woody Woodpecker." Walter drew the pictures. Grace became Woody's voice. Years later, at their 50th wedding anniversary, Grace remembered the problem of the noisy woodpecker and said, "It was the best thing that ever happened to us."

In 1859, a Brooklyn chemist travelled to Titusville, Pennsylvania, to watch the drilling for oil. He was Robert Chesebrough who watched as the oil drillers cursed a colourless oily residue that stuck to their drills. Though it was a problem that gummed up the works, the oil workers smeared this stuff on their cuts and burns. It helped to heal. Chesebrough took this oily residue back to Brooklyn. By 1870, he was manufacturing what he had developed from that oily problem. He called it Vaseline Petroleum Jelly.

Note:
+ Registration & Fees details for the trainings are available from the Register Page.
+ Upto 10% of (Non-Corporate) Group Discount is applicable for 3 or more participants registering together. T & C apply.

Enjoy the Mangoes,
Anil

-- Passion: https://sysplay.in (Playing with Systems)