Healthy New Year 2021

Anil Kumar Pugalia

Jan 3, 2021, 12:57:26 PM1/3/21
to Computer Club India
Dear Friends,

Wish you a very happy and healthy new year 2021.

We continue to defer our classroom-based weekend workshops as of now.

Alternatively, enjoy your home stay and enrich it by attending our online sessions. As usual, we are welcoming the new year with the launch of a brand new live training on "Linux SPI & UART Drivers". Register Now, before it gets filled up. Click here for more details about the "Linux SPI & UART Drivers" online training.

For the complete list of the online trainings, check out the "Online Schedules" section below.

Feel free to forward this & forthcoming museletters to your friends, who you think, might be interested in knowledge grabbing. Also, like &/or share our Facebook page SysPlay.

Readers' Corner

+ Poisoned Dish: ... There was a king who got 1001 identical dishes prepared for his 1000 guests and himself. But one hour before the guests were to arrive, he was informed that out of the 1001 dishes, one has got poisoned. ... Read More of this 12th article on logic to find the "Poisoned Dish".

For the collection of all our past articles on Linux Drivers, Maths, Linux Kernel Internals, DIY Electronics, Philosophy, Linux tidbits, and Logic, visit Articles on our website.

Workshop Schedules

+ All Weekend Workshops has been deferred, as of now. Check the Online Schedules below.

Online Schedules

+ Dive into Linux Kernel Internals live this month: (Last Few Left)
    > Starting 5th January '21: Linux Kernel Internals online training by Pradeep. See Details.

+ Explore Linux SPI & UART Drivers live on BeagleBone Black in February '21: New (Filling up Fast)
    > Starting 2nd February '21: Linux SPI & UART Drivers online training by Pradeep. See Details.

+ Baremetal Programming live on BeagleBone Black in March '21: (Filling Up)
    > Starting 6th March '21: Baremetal Programming using Embedded C online training by Pugs. See Details.

Extras

+ Answer to previous month's riddles:
  1. A Secret.
  2. 888 + 88 + 8 + 8 + 8 = 1000.
+ Riddles
  1. Mr and Mrs Mustard have six daughters and each daughter has one brother. How many people are in the Mustard family?
  2. 81 x 9 = 801. What must you do to make the this equation true?

If you think you have the clues, shoot back a reply.

+ Teaching a Teenager

As I have been now teaching since over a quarter century, formally or informally, I wanted to do an experiment to teach programming to interested teenagers. So, I have started to do that in an informal closed setup. My experiences from it, which are still evolving, are worth sharing. And hence this note.

Teaching (for years) revises our knowledge so many times, that our knowledge gets refined to a level, where it seems to be so obvious to us. And that is one of the biggest hurdles in teaching. Why? Because that knowledge for a learner is possibly being experienced for the first time, and is everything else but obvious. So, there builds up the gap, unless we as teachers are aware of this evolution inside us, and ready to take care of it.

And this really comes on the face, if we are teaching a teenager. To start with, there are physiological complications of the age. Then, we confuse a teenager, by treating him / her as neither a kid, nor an adult. What does that mean? When a teen does something / acts like a kid, we would immediately say, "Hey, you have grown up. It is not expected of you". And then, when he / she tries to act like an adult, we won't hesitate in saying, "Hey, just hold on. What are you doing? You are still a kid".

To sort this out, what I did is coined a term "medium" between "small kid" and "big adult". And I try to use this keyword instead of calling a teenager with terms like "kid", "grown up", etc. And then I build up on things which are expected of a "medium". That has really worked to resolve the confusion. Moreover, that exercise keeps me reminded of the levels of knowledge, which are so obvious for me but no way obvious for a teenager.

And this has helped me make better assumptions about his / her knowledge level and understanding of not only a subject but about life, in general. And with that I am more considerate, being reminded of, to communicate at his / her level in his / her language.

Believe me. That works great.

Note:
+ Registration & Fees details for the workshops are available from the Register Page.
+ Upto 10% of (Non-Corporate) Group Discount is applicable for 3 or more participants registering together. T & C apply.

Practise to be an Excellent Teacher,
Anil

-- Passion: https://sysplay.in (Playing with Systems)