Internationalised Email Success

André Schappo

Apr 18, 2018, 4:58:44 AM4/18/18
to Computer Science Curriculum Internationalization

I recently successfully sent email from my DataMail 小山@电邮.在线 email to my Coremail 小山@互联网.网络 email and vice versa😀

So, there is significant progress being made on support for  internationalised email addresses. I have had my 小山@电邮.在线 email since Jan 6th 2017 and my 小山@互联网.网络 email for about 5 weeks.

Gmail has supported internationalised email for about 3 years. Microsoft recently announced internationalised email support in Exchange Online and Outlook blogs.technet.microsoft.com/exchange/2018/02/26/eai-support-announcement-update

Gmail and Microsoft do not yet allow you to register an internationalised email but DataMail and Coremail do.

If you would like a free internationalised email address, then:

DataMail ➜ mail.datamail.in (choice of 14 different languages)
Coremail ➜ 互联网.网络 (Chinese only I think. I have not tried to register a non Chinese email address)

Note: Currently, not all email servers support internationalised email addresses but that is changing rapidly.

If you do register an internationalised email address, feel free to email me on one or both of my Chinese email addresses.

André Schappo