[Computer-go] AI Ryusei 2018 result

Hiroshi Yamashita

Dec 16, 2018, 9:03:06 PM12/16/18
to compu...@computer-go.org
Hi,

AI Ryusei 2018 was held on 15,16th December in Nihon-kiin, Japan.
14 programs played preliminary swiss 7 round, and top 6 programs
played round-robin final. Then, Golaxy won.

Result
https://www.igoshogi.net/ai_ryusei/01/en/result.html

BSK got creative award because its DNN was learned from author's own 5000 games.

Thanks,
Hiroshi Yamashita

Gian-Carlo Pascutto

Dec 18, 2018, 12:02:37 PM12/18/18
to compu...@computer-go.org
On 17/12/18 01:53, Hiroshi Yamashita wrote:
> Hi,
>
> AI Ryusei 2018 was held on 15,16th December in Nihon-kiin, Japan.
> 14 programs played preliminary swiss 7 round, and top 6 programs
>  played round-robin final. Then, Golaxy won.
>
> Result
> https://www.igoshogi.net/ai_ryusei/01/en/result.html

It appears the 2nd place finisher after Golaxy was a hybrid of Rn and
Leela Zero, using rollouts to compensate for Leela's network being
trained with the "wrong" komi for this competition:

https://github.com/zakki/Ray/issues/171#issuecomment-447637052
https://img.igoshogi.net/ai_ryusei/01/data/11.pdf

--
GCP

Hiroshi Yamashita

Dec 18, 2018, 5:35:18 PM12/18/18
to compu...@computer-go.org
Hi,

Our program Natsukaze also used Leela Zero recent 700000 selfplay games
to train DNN.
Ladder escape moves(4% of total games) are removed, and chasing not
ladder(0.3%) also removed. But its DNN policy was weak, around CGOS 2100.

Maybe it is because current LZ selfplay use t=1 not first 30 moves but all moves.
I did not know this. I think this makes selfplay weaker +1000 Elo.

Switch to t=1 for all self-play moves, i.e., randomcnt=999
https://github.com/gcp/leela-zero-server/pull/81

Thanks,
Hiroshi Yamashita

On 2018/12/19 2:01, Gian-Carlo Pascutto wrote:
> On 17/12/18 01:53, Hiroshi Yamashita wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> AI Ryusei 2018 was held on 15,16th December in Nihon-kiin, Japan.
>> 14 programs played preliminary swiss 7 round, and top 6 programs
>>  played round-robin final. Then, Golaxy won.
>>
>> Result
>> https://www.igoshogi.net/ai_ryusei/01/en/result.html
>
> It appears the 2nd place finisher after Golaxy was a hybrid of Rn and
> Leela Zero, using rollouts to compensate for Leela's network being
> trained with the "wrong" komi for this competition:
>
> https://github.com/zakki/Ray/issues/171#issuecomment-447637052
> https://img.igoshogi.net/ai_ryusei/01/data/11.pdf

Kensuke Matsuzaki

Dec 19, 2018, 4:01:23 AM12/19/18
to compu...@computer-go.org
Hi,

using rollouts to compensate for Leela's network being trained with the "wrong" komi for this competition:

Yes, and it seems that rollouts isn't useful when trained komi is "correct".

Our program Natsukaze also used Leela Zero recent 700000 selfplay games  to train DNN.

What would happen if Natsukaze used filtered raw training data instead of filtered self play games?

2018年12月19日(水) 7:35 Hiroshi Yamashita <y...@bd.mbn.or.jp>:
--
MATSUZAKI Kensuke

Ingo Althöfer

Dec 9, 2020, 5:29:10 AM12/9/20
to compu...@computer-go.org
Hello,

many years ago I had offered a 1,000-Euro prize
for the first program to beat the old MFoG (1998-
like version) at 29 handicap stone.

The offer ends on December 31, 2020.
So, this is a last call for those who
want to earn the money: