The next little Little Schemer book club meeting (number 9) will be on Mon 23rd June

Joel Chippindale

Jun 6, 2014, 3:21:15 AM6/6/14
to computa...@googlegroups.com
I think that at the end of meeting 8 we agreed on having meeting 9 on Mon 23rd June. This should give us enough time for some of us to have a go at the homework @chrislo set in our last meeting

1. Make the parser more tolerant of whitespace so that we can make our scheme easier to read, see https://github.com/tomstuart/little_scheme/issues/11
2. ...and/or make predicate methods return Ruby booleans so that we stop getting so confused, see https://github.com/tomstuart/little_scheme/issues/10

See you there,

J.

Murray Steele

Jun 22, 2014, 11:19:38 AM6/22/14
to computa...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I’m not going to make it tomorrow - I’ve had a cold all week and I’m pretty sure after a full day at work I’ll just want to collapse on my sofa tomorrow rather than wrestle with the latest confusing rules from the book.  However, I have attempted to do the homework and created pull-requests with my efforts:

and

I don’t know that my solutions are anything other than inelegant, but perhaps you’ll find them useful.

Cheers,

Murray

Tom Stuart

Jun 23, 2014, 6:57:29 AM6/23/14
to Murray Steele, computa...@googlegroups.com
On 22 Jun 2014, at 16:19, Murray Steele <murray...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have attempted to do the homework and created pull-requests with my efforts:

Thanks Murray! We'll discuss these tonight and pass judgement in your absence.

For the record, Joel also pitched in with an (earlier) attempt to address "the boolean problem": https://github.com/tomstuart/little_scheme/pull/12

Cheers,
-Tom

Tom Hall

Jun 23, 2014, 8:13:27 AM6/23/14
to Tom Stuart, computa...@googlegroups.com, Murray Steele

I'm down as coming but Mondays just got hard for me again so I'll probs never be over again :-(
Will see you at other things though and just wanted to say nice to meet those I met and see again those I already knew.
See you around ,
Tom

Jamie White

Jun 23, 2014, 9:33:53 AM6/23/14
to computa...@googlegroups.com
I’m going to miss this one too (total slacker)  : (

I’ve family in town and they’re keen to discuss the meaning of -3.

Joel Chippindale

Jun 23, 2014, 9:50:47 AM6/23/14
to Jamie White, computa...@googlegroups.com
They sound perfect. Bring them along,