Job Opportunity - Postdoctoral Fellow at Rice University

Elizabeth Roberto

Dec 11, 2023, 1:43:57 PM12/11/23
to computation...@googlegroups.com
Dear colleagues,

Rice sociology is currently accepting applications for two 2-year postdocs.  Please encourage interested grad students to apply.  I would be very interested to talk with potential applicants who are working in the areas of urban sociology, computational/quantitative methods, or spatial analysis.

Best,
Liz

Postdoctoral Fellow - Rice University
ASA Job ID: 19571

The Department of Sociology at Rice University (http://sociology.rice.edu) in Houston, TX is offering two postdoctoral fellowships (two years in length) to begin July 2024. Applicants are encouraged to pursue their own research agenda during the fellowship, but we will give priority to those who establish a collaborative research plan of mutual interest with one or more faculty members in the department. For one position, we especially encourage applicants working in the area(s) of urban sociology, computational/quantitative methods, or spatial analysis. For the other position, we especially encourage applicants working in the area(s) of inequality/stratification, migration, or social networks. However, all interested applicants who broadly overlap with existing departmental strengths in inequality and culture are encouraged to apply.

In addition to an annual salary of $60,000, the fellowship provides office space, computer equipment, and a $3,000 annual travel account. Teaching responsibilities are limited to one undergraduate course during the two years. Review of applications will begin on January 8th, 2024 and will continue until the position is filled. Applicants must have completed the PhD education requirement prior to start of the position. Inquiries may be directed to Prof. Elizabeth Roberto (erob...@rice.edu), Prof. Christina Diaz (cd...@rice.edu), or Prof. Sergio Chávez (sc...@rice.edu).

Elizabeth Roberto, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Sociology, Rice University