Tests failing (rake mysql:test)

Tyler Rick

Apr 26, 2012, 2:58:14 PM4/26/12
to compos...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm trying to debug a problem and thought I would start by running the test suite as a baseline but I'm getting 19 failures when I run rake mysql:test.

Are these failures happening for anyone else or is it a problem on my end (and what would it be)?

Here's the full output from rake mysql:test:

Thanks,
Tyler

Tyler Rick

Apr 26, 2012, 6:58:02 PM4/26/12
to compos...@googlegroups.com
I went ahead and added a new test and bug fix here:

I'm still getting the same 19 failures I was getting before but at least the tests I added are passing now and no new failures have appeared so I don't think I've broken anything.

Still, it would be nice to figure out why these are failing...

In the meantime I'm going to switch my project to use my fork because this bug was preventing me from upgrading my Rails app from Rails 3.0.7 to Rails 3.2.3... now I can upgrade away!

cfis

Apr 26, 2012, 8:08:08 PM4/26/12
to Composite Keys for ActiveRecord
Hey Tyler,

> I went ahead and added a new test and bug fix here:
>
> https://github.com/TylerRick/composite_primary_keys/commits/dirty_cha...

I use postgresql day to day, so don't test the mysql that often. I'm
surprised you see that many errors though, since I know they are mysql
users and I've been applying patches as they come along.

Anyway, submit a pull request and I'll be happy to take a look.

Charlie

Tyler Rick

Apr 26, 2012, 9:03:50 PM4/26/12
to compos...@googlegroups.com
Hey Charlie,

Thanks for the reply.

postgresql, nice! Yeah, I was quite surprised to see failing tests but I know that sometimes that can be due to my test environment being not set up correctly or whatever... or like you mentioned, simply because the maintainer(s) aren't bothering to run the mysql test suite and only run tests with rake postgresql:test, for instance. Would be nice to hear from some others on the list to find out if it is failing for anyone else.

Here's the pull request -- https://github.com/drnic/composite_primary_keys/pull/102. I probably have just included the link to that instead of to my branch in my first e-mail.

Tyler