I'm doing something wrong

Tim W.

Aug 11, 2010, 1:34:35 AM8/11/10
to Composite Development
Trying to build ,

In file included from /home/iondiode/workspace/composite/src/sampler/
EngineLv2.cpp:22:
/home/iondiode/workspace/composite/src/sampler/EngineLv2.hpp:66:
error: ‘LV2_Handle’ does not name a type
/home/iondiode/workspace/composite/src/sampler/EngineLv2.hpp:70:
error: ‘LV2_Handle’ has not been declared
/home/iondiode/workspace/composite/src/sampler/EngineLv2.hpp:73:
error: ‘LV2_Handle’ has not been declared
/home/iondiode/workspace/composite/src/sampler/EngineLv2.hpp:74:
error: ‘LV2_Handle’ has not been declared
/home/iondiode/workspace/composite/src/sampler/EngineLv2.hpp:76:
error: ‘LV2_Handle’ has not been declared
/home/iondiode/workspace/composite/src/sampler/EngineLv2.hpp:77:
error: ‘LV2_Handle’ has not been declared

my /usr/include/lv2.h has this definition

but src/3rd-party/lv2/lv2.h contains 1 line

lv2core-3.0/lv2.h

and thats it

any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

Gabriel M. Beddingfield

Aug 11, 2010, 9:46:14 AM8/11/10
to Composite Development

Hi Tim,

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010, Tim W. wrote:

> my /usr/include/lv2.h has this definition
>
> but src/3rd-party/lv2/lv2.h contains 1 line
>
> lv2core-3.0/lv2.h
>
> and thats it
>
> any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

In the source tree, src/3rd-party/lv2/lv2.h is supposed to
be a symbolic link to lv2core-3.0/lv2.h. E.g. on my system:

$ ls -l src/3rd-party/lv2
total 12
drwxrwxr-x 2 gabriel parents 4096 2010-02-23 21:50 event.lv2
drwxrwxr-x 4 gabriel parents 4096 2010-02-23 21:50 lv2core-3.0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 gabriel parents 23 2010-02-23 21:50 lv2core.lv2 -> lv2core-3.0/lv2core.lv2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 gabriel parents 17 2010-02-23 21:50 lv2.h -> lv2core-3.0/lv2.h
drwxrwxr-x 2 gabriel parents 4096 2010-02-23 21:50 midi.lv2

So, it looks to me like your system doesn't have the symlink made
properly.

How did you download and unpack your sources?

Thanks,
Gabriel

Tim Westbrook

Aug 11, 2010, 11:42:12 AM8/11/10
to compos...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gabriel,
I see, this is probably my fault. I downloaded the source using a git plugin on eclipse. I've never used git before. Perhaps I will try just cloning the repository using the command line version and see what that gives me ( at work right now , will try this evening)

Thanks for your prompt reply.
Cheers,
Tim

Gabriel M. Beddingfield

Aug 11, 2010, 11:49:05 AM8/11/10
to compos...@googlegroups.com

On Wed, 11 Aug 2010, Tim Westbrook wrote:

> I see, this is probably my fault. I downloaded the source using a git plugin
> on eclipse. I've never used git before. Perhaps I will try just cloning the
> repository using the command line version and see what that gives me ( at
> work right now , will try this evening)

Did you clone it onto a Windows (FAT/HPFS) file system?

I just did a clone into one of those... and got exactly what
you described. Those file systems don't support symbolic
links. It won't even work from the tarball distribution.

If you're on FAT/HPFS -- the workaround is to simply copy
the files to the right place.

Otherwise... sounds like a bug with the tool that you used.

Note: I knew this problem would eventually surface... but
in the mean-time symlinks saved me some time. Until today.
:-)

-gabriel

Tim Westbrook

Aug 11, 2010, 11:57:04 AM8/11/10
to compos...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 8:49 AM, Gabriel M. Beddingfield <gabr...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, 11 Aug 2010, Tim Westbrook wrote:

I see, this is probably my fault. I downloaded the source using a git plugin
on eclipse. I've never used git before. Perhaps I will try just cloning the
repository using the command line version and see what that gives me ( at
work right now , will try this evening)

Did you clone it onto a Windows (FAT/HPFS) file system?

No, using ext3 I believe.

I just did a clone into one of those... and got exactly what you described.  Those file systems don't support symbolic links.  It won't even work from the tarball distribution.

If you're on FAT/HPFS -- the workaround is to simply copy the files to the right place.

Otherwise... sounds like a bug with the tool that you used.

probably, I'll try it with the regular git tool

Note:  I knew this problem would eventually surface... but in the mean-time symlinks saved me some time.  Until today. :-)

No problem, thanks for the help

Cheers,
Tim