Installing new package without updating other packages ??

Jayesh Solanki

Jul 26, 2014, 9:24:59 AM7/26/14
to compos...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I googled and found that to install a single package use :
composer require vendor/package

from here:
http://composer.json.jolicode.com/
https://getcomposer.org/doc/03-cli.md#require

But it shows me

./composer.json has been updated
package "drexarj/disqus-php" listed for update is not installed. Ignoring.

'composer install' does installs the new package, but it updates all the other packages too.
Is there any other way around this? Or am I doiing something wrong ?

Jayesh

Ryan Weaver

Jul 26, 2014, 10:05:47 AM7/26/14
to compos...@googlegroups.com
I believe this is a new big - I noticed the broken require behavior a few days ago. Can someone else repeat (just trying using the require command)? Is there already an issue open for it?

Sent from Mailbox

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "composer-dev" group.

ryan weaver

Jul 26, 2014, 1:13:45 PM7/26/14
to compos...@googlegroups.com
I just replicated the error again for myself on the absolute latest commit and found an issue on it:

So, looks like a bug :). A workaround is to run the following right after the require fails:

php composer.phar update drexarj/disqus-php

Cheers!

Ryan Weaver
US Office Head & Trainer - KnpLabs - Nashville, TN
http://www.knplabs.com
http://knpuniversity.com
Twitter: @weaverryan