Re: [composer-dev] Merge composer requirements

Сергей Морозов

Nov 11, 2014, 4:47:47 PM11/11/14
to compos...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that's what I was looking for. Thank you.

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 1:46 AM, Marco Pivetta <ocra...@gmail.com> wrote:
As long as the merge is an intersection, you can just concatenate requirements with ",", which means "AND".

On 11 November 2014 06:09, Sergei Morozov <moro...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

We have an applications which uses Composer for managing dependencies and can be used by customers on site. Once the application is installed, the owner may customize it. Among other things, customers may add new dependencies to composer.json or modify existing ones for their needs.

When a new version of the application is deployed, it may turn out that composer.json has been changed on both sides, and in some cases it seems possible to automatically generate new composer.json whose requirements can be resolve to a set of packages which satisfies both customer's requirements and the requirements of the new version.

For instance:
  • App v1 doesn't require some/package.
  • After it's installed, customer adds the requirement for some/package ~1.1.
  • App v2 requires some/package ~1.2.
In this case, the resulting composer.json should require some/package ~1.2, since the version it's resolved to (e.g. 1.5.4) satisfies both ~1.1 and ~1.2.

I'm not well familiar with the composer's internals, so I'm not aware of a proper way to do that. Do you have any suggestions?

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "composer-dev" group.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "composer-dev" group.

С уважением,
Сергей Морозов

Sergei Morozov

Nov 11, 2014, 12:09:58 AM11/11/14