Interactive C++: cling and clang-repl project [12 Jan at 17:00 CET/8:00PDT]

Vassil Vassilev

Jan 11, 2023, 5:41:08 AM1/11/23
to compiler-research-announce, cling-dev, root-dev, princeton...@cern.ch, liber...@liberty-research.org, compiler-re...@googlegroups.com, Lang Hames, Sunho Kim 3
Dear all,

  Happy new year!

  Our next meeting will be on 12 January 2023 at 17:00 Geneva.

  We are happy to host Jonas Hahnfeld, CERN

  Title: Finding the Higgs on RISC-V

  Abstract: Abstract: RISC-V is a new computer architecture. It currently receives a lot of attention from open source developers because the ISA itself is royalty free and vendors can create hardware without paying licensing fees. As with any new architecture, the software ecosystem has to catch up once actual hardware is available. In this talk, I will present the current status of Just-In-Time-Compilation support for RISC-V in LLVM, how I made clang-repl work on RISC-V to interpret C++ code and eventually bring up the whole of Cling and ROOT to run a first physics analysis on this new architecture.

  Speaker: Jonas Hahnfeld, CERN

  Feel free to forward this email to everybody who might be interested.

Best,
David & Vassil

meeting-92890799462-3.ics

Vassil Vassilev

Jan 12, 2023, 9:22:39 AM1/12/23
to compiler-research-announce, cling-dev, root-dev, princeton...@cern.ch, liber...@liberty-research.org, compiler-re...@googlegroups.com, Lang Hames, Sunho Kim 3
Dear all,

  Today's meeting slides are up. You can find them here:
https://compiler-research.org/meetings/#caas_12Jan2023

  We start in a bit more than half hour.

Best, Vassil

Vassil Vassilev

Jan 12, 2023, 9:25:26 AM1/12/23
to compiler-research-announce, cling-dev, root-dev, princeton...@cern.ch, liber...@liberty-research.org, compiler-re...@googlegroups.com, Lang Hames, Sunho Kim 3
Hi all,

  Apologies - we start in a bit more than hour and a half.

Best, Vassil