Compiler-Research Monthly Meeting [11 Jan 2024 at 17:00 CET/8:00PDT]

Vassil Vassilev

Jan 10, 2024, 10:59:34 AMJan 10
to compiler-research-announce, princeton...@cern.ch, root-dev, Quill Pusher
Dear all,

  Our next meeting will be on 11 January 2024 at 17:00 Geneva (CH) .

  We are happy to host Saqib A (QuillPusher).

  Title: Open Source Software For The Win

  Abstract: This talk will cover notable OSS achievements, especially those that are in contrast to big tech, striving to protect the consumers and their data.

We'll start with GrapheneOS, a hardened fork of Android AOSP. Notably, GrapheneOS makes upstream contributions to the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) and other upstream projects, and many of its features were implemented in AOSP, Linux, LLVM, and other projects that GrapheneOS is based on.

GrapheneOS substantially expands the standard mitigations for memory corruption vulnerabilities, and some of these features are designed to directly catch the memory corruption bugs either via an explicit check or memory protection and abort the program to prevent them from being exploited.

  Speaker: Saqib A (QuillPusher)

  Feel free to forward this email to everybody who might be interested. This talk will be recorded.

Best,
Vassil

meeting-92811687505.ics

Vassil Vassilev

Jan 11, 2024, 10:15:47 AMJan 11
to compiler-research-announce, princeton...@cern.ch, root-dev, Quill Pusher
Dear all,

  Today's meeting slides are up. You can find them here:
https://compiler-research.org/meetings/#caas_11Jan2024

  We start in a bit more than half an hour.

Best, Vassil

Vassil Vassilev

Jan 11, 2024, 11:04:32 AMJan 11
to compiler-research-announce, princeton...@cern.ch, root-dev, Quill Pusher