Re: Google Summer of Code and Cling/CaaS projects

Vassil Vassilev

Feb 19, 2021, 5:04:15 PM2/19/21
to compiler-research-announce
Hi all,

  Resending to the right mailing (thanks Simeon for pointing that out). I think we can submit 1-2 more project still beginning of next week. Let me know if you have something concrete in mind.

Best, Vassil
On 2/13/21 3:54 PM, Vassil Vassilev wrote:

Hi all,

  The Google Summer of Code project submission deadline is Feb 19th. Google pays students to work on open source over the summer (this year is 175 hours instead on 350).

  We have various ways to submit a project related to the cling/caas ecosystem.

  Here is our current document that has ideas what we want to do. Note that does not mean we will get a student of all of them. The intent is to offer wide range of interesting items and get the best students that fit for couple of projects.

  We can to also include a project or three on topics such as cling's cuda support; xeus-cling; cppyy; etc? I am happy to be the mentor or the backup mentor for these projects.

Best, Vassil