Interactive C++: cling and clang-repl project [09 Jun at 17:00 CET/8:00PDT]

Vassil Vassilev

Oct 3, 2022, 1:27:28 PM10/3/22
to compiler-research-announce, compiler-re...@googlegroups.com, princeton...@cern.ch, cling-dev, root-dev, Jeaye
Dear all,

  Our next meeting will be on 06 October 2022 at 17:00 Geneva.

  We are happy to host Jeaye Wilkerson, Technical Director at Electronic Arts (EA)

  Title: jank: A Clojure dialect on LLVM with gradual typing, a native runtime, and C++ interop

  Abstract: Following years of Lisp development, Clojure has entered the scene as a practical Lisp for the JVM. It takes a functional-first approach to designs and has extensive support for purely transforming persistent, immutable data structures. The interactive programming experience Clojure brings to the JVM is unmatched, built on both a JIT and technology such as nREPL. Clojure developers use this interactive programming to build their software from empty source files to working servers, GUI applications, and more without restarting the process.

In the spirit of Clojure, I would like to present jank, a research programming language which is a Clojure dialect built on native C++, rather than the JVM, using Cling as its JIT compiler. jank aims to be strongly compatible with Clojure while offering the same interactive programming experience. Like Clojure, jank aims to provide seamless interop with its host (meaning C++), allowing for easy consumption of third-party libraries. On top of a native runtime, jank also aims to provide gradual, structural typing, which will not be covered in this presentation.

  Speaker: Jeaye Wilkerson, Technical Director at Electronic Arts (EA)

  Feel free to forward this email to everybody who might be interested.

Best,
David & Vassil

meeting-92890799462.ics

Vassil Vassilev

Oct 3, 2022, 2:04:35 PM10/3/22
to compiler-research-announce, compiler-re...@googlegroups.com, princeton...@cern.ch, cling-dev, root-dev, Jeaye
Dear all,

  I have adjusted the title to point to the correct meeting date. Apologies for double posting.

Best, Vassil

Vassil Vassilev

Oct 6, 2022, 3:54:20 AM10/6/22
to compiler-research-announce, compiler-re...@googlegroups.com, princeton...@cern.ch, cling-dev, root-dev, Jeaye
Dear all,

  A gentle reminder for our meeting happening later today.

Best, Vassil

Vassil Vassilev

Oct 6, 2022, 10:47:41 AM10/6/22
to compiler-research-announce, compiler-re...@googlegroups.com, princeton...@cern.ch, cling-dev, root-dev, Jeaye