Interactive C++: cling and clang-repl project [09 Jun at 17:00 CET/8:00PDT]

Vassil Vassilev

Jun 6, 2022, 2:43:30 PM6/6/22
to compiler-research-announce, compiler-re...@googlegroups.com, cling-dev, princeton...@cern.ch, roo...@cern.ch, liber...@liberty-research.org, Lang Hames, Stefan Gränitz, Jack Douglas Kime Armitage
Dear all,

  Our next meeting will be on 09 June 2022 at 17:00 Geneva (CH) Time.

  We are happy to host Jack Armitage from Intelligent Instruments Lab.

  Title: Cling for live coding music and musical instruments

  Abstract: The artistic live coding community has been growing steadily since around the year 2000. The Temporary Organisation for the Permanence of Live Art Programming (TOPLAP) has been around since 2004, Algorave (algorithmic rave parties) recently celebrated its tenth birthday, and six editions of the International Conference on Live Coding (ICLC) have been held. A great many live coding systems have been developed during this time, many of them exhibiting exotic and culturally specific features that professional software developers are mostly unaware of. This talk will introduce the artistic live coding context and community, and then describe attempts by this community to appropriate the Cling C++ interpreter for artistic practice. In one such example, Cling has been used as the basis for a C++ based live coding synthesiser [1]. In another example, Cling has been installed on a BeagleBoard to bring live coding to the Bela interactive audio platform [2]. Following these examples, I will offer some reflections on the potential mutual benefits for increased engagement between the Cling community and the artistic live coding community.

[1] tiny spectral synthesizer with livecoding support
[2] Using the Cling C++ Interpreter on the Bela Platform

  Speaker: Jack Armitage, Intelligent Instruments Lab

  Feel free to forward this email to everybody who might be interested.

Best,
David & Vassil
meeting-97839750473.ics

Vassil Vassilev

Jun 9, 2022, 9:58:41 AM6/9/22
to compiler-research-announce, compiler-re...@googlegroups.com, cling-dev, princeton...@cern.ch, roo...@cern.ch, liber...@liberty-research.org, Lang Hames, Stefan Gränitz, Jack Douglas Kime Armitage
Dear all,

  Today's meeting slides are up. You can find them here:
https://compiler-research.org/meetings/#caas_09Jun2022

  We start in an hour.

Best, Vassil