Interactive C++: cling and clang-repl project [1 Jul at 17:00 CET/8:00PDT]

Vassil Vassilev

Jun 25, 2021, 10:37:29 AM6/25/21
to compiler-research-announce, princeton...@cern.ch, cling-dev, liber...@liberty-research.org, wmo...@mit.edu, Raphael Isemann, Adrian Prantl, root-dev, Valentin Churavy, Lang Hames
Dear all,

  Our next meeting will be on CaaS Monthly Meeting – 01 July 2021 at 17:00 Geneva (CH) Time.

  We are happy to host Lang Hames. Lang is a long-time LLVM contributor, and the code-owner of LLVM's Just-In-Time compilation APIs, including MCJIT and ORC. He currently works as a senior compiler engineer at Apple.

  Talk title: ORC 2021 -- Recent developments and future work in LLVM's JIT APIs

  Abstract: LLVM’s On Request Compilation (ORC) APIs provide a foundation for building in-memory and just-in-time compilers by re-using existing static compilers. This re-use is enabled by appending a new linking step to the standard compiler pipeline to patch the compiler output into the executing process. The ORC APIs support concurrent compilation, lazy compilation, and linking of code across process boundaries and even across architectures. The ORC APIs are already used in several open source projects including PostgreSQL, Cling, Julia, and the Swift interpreter; and they remain under active development with new features added frequently. This talk will provide an overview of the ORC APIs and recent developments, as well as demos and pointers to example code.

  Feel free to forward this email to everybody who might be interested.

Best,

David & Vassil
meeting-92544354004.ics

Vassil Vassilev

Jun 30, 2021, 8:40:00 AM6/30/21
to compiler-research-announce, princeton...@cern.ch, cling-dev, liber...@liberty-research.org, wmo...@mit.edu, Raphael Isemann, Adrian Prantl, root-dev, Valentin Churavy, Lang Hames
Dear all,

  This is a gentle reminder for Lang's talk tomorrow.

Best, Vassil

Vassil Vassilev

Jul 1, 2021, 9:12:07 AM7/1/21
to compiler-research-announce, princeton...@cern.ch, cling-dev, liber...@liberty-research.org, wmo...@mit.edu, Raphael Isemann, Adrian Prantl, root-dev, Valentin Churavy, Lang Hames
Dear all,

  Today's meeting slides are up. You can find them here: https://compiler-research.org/meetings/#caas_01Jul2021

  We start in a little less than two hours.

Best, Vassil