Participating the development of Compatibility Detector

Unknown

Jun 12, 2011, 9:44:34 PM6/12/11
to Unknown, Unknown, Unknown, Unknown
Hi, Antonio,

It is so great that you volunteer for help! We definitely need more hands on it.

About the articles' license issue, it will be some Creative Commons license. We will add a clear license statement to the web site in 3-4 days.

For any problem, you may send mail to me or compatibility-d...@googlegroups.com .

It is highly recommended that you keep us informed on what is your plan and what you have done. Because there are too many articles, and we just need to translate the most important ones first. We may know better whether an article should be translated first, and we would translate some too, if we have the time, or find the article too hard to be translated. The authors of those articles are in this group too.

Best regards,

Mark Huang

Unknown

Jun 14, 2011, 11:56:21 AM6/14/11
to Unknown, Unknown, Unknown, Unknown
Dear fellows,

Attached is the first issue page I translated, and I want to recommend
a set of standard translations for common phrases used in these pages
listed as followed:

1. *根本原因: I think we should rephrase to be "问题列表" or List of Issues.
2. 标准参考: Standard Reference
3. 问题描述: Description
4. *造成的影响: Effects
5. *受影响的浏览器: Browsers Affected
6. 问题分析: Issue Analysis
7. *解决方案: Solution
8. 参见: See Also
9. 知识库: Knowledge Base
10. 相关问题: Related Issue
11. 测试环境: Test Environment
12. 操作系统版本: OS
13. 浏览器版本: Browsers
14.* 测试页面: Target Page
15. 本文更新时间: Last Updated
16. 关键字: Keywords

*Items with asterisk marks are items that may be disputed.

And I suggest that we build a better i18n management system to make
our translation easier and cleaner.

Please feel free to make suggestions for my work.

------------------
Best regards,
Antonio

HA8001_en.html

Unknown

Jun 15, 2011, 10:32:00 AM6/15/11
to Unknown, Unknown, Unknown, Unknown
Hi, Antonio,

This article is well translated!

My revised word list:
1. *根本原因: I think we should rephrase to be "问题列表" or List of Issues. (Hao: Root Causes, this is the name chosen by the team)
2. 标准参考: Standard Reference
3. 问题描述: Description
4. *造成的影响: Effects
5. *受影响的浏览器: Browsers Affected (Hao: how about Affected Browsers?)
6. 问题分析: Issue Analysis (Hao: Detailed Analysis, I think this is more accurate in what this section does)
7. *解决方案: Solution (Hao: Solutions?)
8. 参见: See Also
9. 知识库: Knowledge Base
10. 相关问题: Related Issue (Hao: Related Root Causes)
11. 测试环境: Test Environment
12. 操作系统版本: OS
13. 浏览器版本: Browsers
14.* 测试页面: Target Page (Hao: Test Pages, they are sample pages to test what is said in this article)
15. 本文更新时间: Last Updated
16. 关键字: Keywords
17. DTD: DTD, 专有名词缩写不翻译

根本原因 is translated as Root Causes. This name has been used all the time by the team.

More comments inline:

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 11:56 PM, Antonio Vong <nio...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

We use code review process for articles too (gcl and codereview.appspot), but that is a bit complex for document.
How about we use Google Docs for translation? It supports comments. But we have to trick with GFW.
Do you know a better i18n management system, that supports co-operation? Google translate has some nice features, but I have not studied it too much.

Unknown

Jun 15, 2011, 10:39:47 AM6/15/11
to Unknown, Unknown, Unknown, Unknown