Ways to help with Compat 2021

Philip Jägenstedt

May 13, 2021, 6:50:36 AM5/13/21
to compa...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I'm happy to see so many have shown interest in the Compat 2021 effort by joining this mailing list, both browser folks and web developers.

If any of you would like to help out, well maybe you can! If you have run into cross-browser problems with any of the features that are part of Compat 2021, the best way to ensure it's understood and improve the chance of it being fixed is to create a test case for it.

Existing test cases are here in WPT:
Knowing if your case is already tested is quite hard, so if you're not sure, you can make a simple demo and share with this list. We can do some pattern matching and ask the feature experts.

Once you're ready to write a test, you can start at https://web-platform-tests.org/writing-tests/. Again, this isn't super easy the first time, so if you have a simple demo of the problem that's fine too!

Finally, if you do end up sending pull requests for web-platform-tests and don't get review within a few days, please ping this list of me (@foolip) directly on GitHub.

As noted in https://web.dev/compat2021/#contribute filing high quality bugs is a great way to help too.

Happy bug hunting!

Best regards,