Dummy-Question - @import doe's nothing...

M. Rentsch

Mar 6, 2014, 4:31:22 AM3/6/14
to compas...@googlegroups.com
Hi there

I'm starting with SASS/Compass. Everything is installed and the @import "compass/reset"; was successful. Some CSS was imported to my stylesheet. If I add f.ex. @import "compass/css3/border-radius"; nothing happens. No Error, nothing else; my stylesheet still have only the contet of compass/reset. If I take off compass/reset it does not add the radius stuff.

Maybe I do not understand any basic logic of Compass? My understanding of it is; if I put an @import on my SCSS there will be some new Style in my CSS after compiling. These f.ex. mixins then I can use in my classes.

I do compile with Koala.

Im not Programmer - only HTML/CSS. Answer in German very Welcome ;-)

Thx and regards

master...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2014, 11:14:41 AM3/13/14
to compas...@googlegroups.com
When you import compass, border radius comes with it.

Now all you have to do is apply the mixin to your SASS
@include border-radius(25px);

Madalin Ignisca

Mar 7, 2014, 8:09:55 AM3/7/14
to compas...@googlegroups.com
compass/css3/border-radius imports what's in that sass library. it is full of mixens and variables you can use to create what you need.

Madalin Ignisca
web developer
http://imadalin.ro/

Tim Arnold

Mar 19, 2014, 6:24:09 AM3/19/14
to compas...@googlegroups.com

On Mar 6, 2014 3:50 PM, "M. Rentsch" <veggiere...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I'm starting with SASS/Compass. Everything is installed and the @import "compass/reset"; was successful. Some CSS was imported to my stylesheet. If I add f.ex. @import "compass/css3/border-radius"; nothing happens. No Error, nothing else; my stylesheet still have only the contet of compass/reset. If I take off compass/reset it does not add the radius stuff.
>
> Maybe I do not understand any basic logic of Compass? My understanding of it is; if I put an @import on my SCSS there will be some new Style in my CSS after compiling. These f.ex. mixins then I can use in my classes.

Importing most parts or Compass doesn't do anything on its own (reset is different). Mostly, it just makes mixins available to use.  You will not see anything in your compiled CSS until you use something you've imported.  Type "@import border-radius (1em)" after you've imported the Compass mixins and you will see the CSS magic happen.

Tim