Learning Compass (on mac) - having heck of time with simple task.

Tom

Mar 28, 2014, 8:29:31 PM3/28/14
to compas...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

Installed Compass on my Mac. Using it with Sublime Text 2.

My project is set up and all seems to be organized.

I save and compile and the report says good.

However - when I refresh my page - nothing is changing on my index.html.

It's driving me batty.

I'm doing everything locally as opposed to from a test server hosted somewhere.

I have added the import links to my index.html.

Just nothing is updating.

My page exists at user/myuser/documents/projects/firstproject/index.html

But when I try to change either the scss or the css. I get nothing.

Any help with this?

Thanks!

Chris Eppstein

Apr 7, 2014, 7:14:54 PM4/7/14
to compas...@googlegroups.com
Are you running the compass watcher?

Sometimes you need to force reload the page by pressing Shift when you reload html.

Also, it may just be something else silly like a selector not matching like you expect. use your browsers inspector to verify that the css you're loading into the page has the output you expect.

chris

Richard H

Apr 23, 2014, 1:52:16 PM4/23/14
to compas...@googlegroups.com
Did you ever get an answer? Are you using Mac's Terminal? Have you navigated to the root directory in Terminal and used the command "compass watch" (no quotes)? If you've done all that, it should compile the code and refreshing should show some change.