http_images_path doesn't seem to be working with Compass 1.0.0.rc.1

Ian

Oct 5, 2014, 8:06:11 AM10/5/14
to compas...@googlegroups.com
I have Compass 1.0.0.rc.1 installed:

compass (1.0.0.rc.1)
compass
-core (1.0.0.rc.1)
compass
-import-once (1.0.5)

With have the following in my config.rb file:

http_path        = "/"
http_images_path
= "https://d2a7mhio2y2ok4.cloudfront.net"

relative_assets
= (environment == :production) ? :false : :true
sass_dir
= "src/assets/sass"
css_dir
= "src/assets/css"
images_dir
= "src/assets/img"
javascripts_dir
= "src/assets/js"

I reference my images in my stylesheet using image-url():

background: image-url("background.png") no-repeat;

If I set the environment from the command line and compile my stylesheets:

compass compile -e production --force

My image URLs are still output as:

background:url('../img/background.png') no-repeat;

Any ideas why the remote image paths wouldn't be working?

Ian

Gray Ghost Visuals

Oct 5, 2014, 4:13:02 PM10/5/14
to compas...@googlegroups.com

Ian

Oct 5, 2014, 4:23:08 PM10/5/14
to compas...@googlegroups.com

That's actually the post I was reading along with Chris' original when setting that up. Unless I've missed something it should be exactly the same as that. http_path and http_images_path are set along with relative_assets (which I've tried hard-coded as both `true` and `false` to test with. No matter what I do I can never get the fully qualified URL to display on compilation.

Is there something you can see in my code which stands out as wrong in comparison with your post?

Thanks,

Ian

Dennis Gaebel

Oct 6, 2014, 8:53:11 AM10/6/14
to compas...@googlegroups.com

Hey Ian,

Try removing the colons in front of your boolean values

(environment == :production) ? :false : :true

try this instead and tell me what your results are
(true for local paths, false for production paths)

relative_assets  = false

--
Sincerely,
Dennis Gaebel Jr.