X Server Device Developers Kits

d...@datcon.co.uk

Oct 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/8/97

Does anyone know if any of the commercial X Servers have device
developer's kits (DDKs) available for them?

I am thinking in particular about the X Server software that
comes with:
- IRIX
- HP-UX
- AIX

I know that on Solaris (for example) it is possible to write
your own X extension code, compile it into a shared library
using the headers in the Solaris X Server DDK, and
then configure the X Server to load the library at start-up.

I wondered if any of the other main manufacturers had
similar things available.

Any info appreciated,

David Drysdale

d...@datcon.co.uk