XCreatePixmapCursor() ==> Bad Match

Tilman Burmester

Aug 3, 1994, 2:54:37 AM8/3/94
Hello,

I want to create a mouse cursor by XCreatePixmapCursor(). If I do not
specify any mask pixmap everything works fine. If a use the same
pixmap for source and mask I get a "Bad Match" after XDefine()'ing the
mouse cursor. The man page explains that "Bad Match" might occur if
(1) source and mask pixmap do not have the same root or (2) source or
mask pixmap have not the depth 1.

(1) They should have the same root since they are identical.
(2) If the pixmap has not the depth one, why does
XCreatePixmapCursor() without any mask work?

Any ideas? TIA.
--
Tilman Burmester, Hildesheim ti...@aspic.han.de +49 5121 131232 (voice/data)
PGP public key available via `Return-Receipt-To:' or: aspic!~/public-key.tilli

Tilman Burmester

Aug 3, 1994, 9:10:24 AM8/3/94
I (ti...@aspic.han.de) wrote:

| I want to create a mouse cursor by XCreatePixmapCursor(). If I do not
| specify any mask pixmap everything works fine. If a use the same
| pixmap for source and mask I get a "Bad Match" after XDefine()'ing the
| mouse cursor. The man page explains that "Bad Match" might occur if
| (1) source and mask pixmap do not have the same root or (2) source or
| mask pixmap have not the depth 1.

I found the solution: The reason is, that the pixmap was not a pure black
and white pixmap, because it was created with the Motif routine
`XmGetPixmap()' with pixel values not equal to 0 resp. 1.

Sorry 4 disturbing.