PEX-SI polyline bug

Bob Stewart

Jun 4, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/4/95
This is the third time I will have posted this. Is someone doing me the
"favor" of removing a braindead post? IF so, I DON'T appreciate it. Is this
the first time I have posted? NO.

I am having problems with PEX-SI. After much mucking around, the problem
seems to be that polylines drawn with the form:

x1 y1 x2 y2
1.0 n 1.0 n

OR

n 0.0 n 0.0

In other words, vertical polylines drawn at the extreme right of the image,
or horizontal polylines drawn at the extreme bottom of the image do not
appear. Funny thing, though. If I establish a viewport a few pixels smaller
than the window being drawn to, these polylines DO appear. However, they
are outside the viewport by one pixel.

Finally, if I replace x1 = x2 = 1.0 with 0.995 in the first example, or
y1 = y2 = 0.005 in the second example, the lines appear.

I realize this post doesn't leave much to go on, but I really need some
help on this. PEX-SI is pretty much useless to me, if I can't get polylines
to draw in exactly the right place on my rendered image. I would be more
than happy to come up with a minimal source code set that displays this
behaviour, and post it, if that would help.

TIA
--
Do something different. Practice freedom for a change.

Bob Stewart (KB9ZW)
wk USA (310) 335-7152

Karl Schultz

Jun 5, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/5/95
In article <3qrjhe$9...@mars.earthlink.net>, b...@musem.earthlink.net (Bob Stewart) writes:
> This is the third time I will have posted this. Is someone doing me the
> "favor" of removing a braindead post?

No, I've seen your posts.
Why would anyone do this?

> IF so, I DON'T appreciate it. Is this
> the first time I have posted? NO.

1) No one is OBLIGATED to answer your posts
2) No one uses the PEX-SI for real serious work
3) If anyone is supporting the PEX-SI, it would be the X Consortium and
you should send them a bug report if you really think this needs
to be fixed.
4) Maybe you didn't explain the problem well enough
5) People don't usually post "I don't know what your problem is" posts.

> I am having problems with PEX-SI. After much mucking around, the problem
> seems to be that polylines drawn with the form:
>
> x1 y1 x2 y2
> 1.0 n 1.0 n
>
> OR
>
> n 0.0 n 0.0
>
> In other words, vertical polylines drawn at the extreme right of the image,
> or horizontal polylines drawn at the extreme bottom of the image do not
> appear. Funny thing, though. If I establish a viewport a few pixels smaller
> than the window being drawn to, these polylines DO appear. However, they
> are outside the viewport by one pixel.
>
> Finally, if I replace x1 = x2 = 1.0 with 0.995 in the first example, or
> y1 = y2 = 0.005 in the second example, the lines appear.

We can't make anything out of this unless we know exactly what all the
view table entry values are.

> I realize this post doesn't leave much to go on, but I really need some
> help on this. PEX-SI is pretty much useless to me, if I can't get polylines
> to draw in exactly the right place on my rendered image. I would be more
> than happy to come up with a minimal source code set that displays this
> behaviour, and post it, if that would help.

That would help a great deal.
Then, some of us can run the program on other servers and perhaps
determine if it is an SI bug or a problem in your program.