Disable Screen Saver

Lydia Chan

Nov 12, 1994, 12:17:11 AM11/12/94

Hello,

How to diable the Screen Saver ?
Sorry for asking such fool question, I'm not familiar with this but I
want to view some special alarm status of an application on the screen
from several meters away.

Thanks a lot.

Best Wishes,
Lydia.

Allen Yee

Nov 12, 1994, 8:52:21 PM11/12/94

First get the original screen saver values:

XGetScreenSaver(display, &timeout, &interval, &prefer_blanking, &allow_exposure);

To set the screen saver (disable):

XSetScreenSaver(display, 0, 0, DefaultBlanking, DefaultExposures);

When your applications about to be finished, it is a good idea
to reenable the screen saver:

XSetScreenSaver(display, timeout, interval, prefer_blanking, allow_exposure);
Allen Yee Personal Internet: y...@ix.netcom.com
Work Internet: alle...@internet.uscs.com

I'm an Unix developer and OS/2 user...I don't NEED a life!

Sven.Boden

Nov 14, 1994, 8:20:40 AM11/14/94

If you just want it global I think you can use xset
e.g. type
xset s off
at the prompt

Wfg
Sven Boden

gfl...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2012, 6:10:51 AM9/13/12
to sbo...@uia.ac.be
Hello, I tried xset s off and it didn't work
Do you have any other idea to disable the screen saver in motif? I have Red Hat 5