Getting size of a single physical window

Aaron W. Hsu

Jul 26, 2011, 7:15:50 PM7/26/11
I have an X setup where there is a single screen 0 with two physical displays
overlayed onto it. That gives me a single large desktop with two viewports.

Using XtScreen() it is fairly easy for me to get the size of the screen, but
I want my application to center itself in the middle of one of the physical
displays/monitors, and not in the center of the screen, where it will be cut
in half by the two monitors.

How can I get this information?

Aaron W. Hsu

--
Programming is just another word for the lost art of thinking.

bou...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2012, 4:07:19 PM3/15/12
I don't think you can. We provide monitor information in the environment at configuration time and this information about each monitor is used by our application to determine each visible area of each screen (both monitors are not identical resolution or size).

Either that or make assumptions about your monitor setup based on the total size of the screen (in the case of two identical monitor specs) (ie: a screen size of 3840 X 1200 mean two 1920X1200 monitors, thus the center point is either 960 or 2880).