How can a widget react to a parent's move?

isa...@hotmail.com

Nov 1, 2010, 1:07:20 PM11/1/10
I am trying to debug a problem I am having with EmbeddedShell
Application.

I have a composite widget (EmbeddedShell) that
2 instances of the same application

1st GUI comes up
the 2nd invocation reparents in the 1st GUI

The Embedded Shell application has some buttons added to it.

The GUI that comes up after the 1st invocation of the application, the
callback functions are called correctly when buttons are clicked.
The 2nd invocation of this application and reparenting on the 1st GUI
comes up properly but the callbacks on the buttons don't work.

After debugging this code quite a bit, what I have found so far.
1. Clicking on the button invokes the callback but before the function
is called the libXt checks for the visibility. This is where it checks
if the event.xbutton.x_root and y_root fall inside the widget
dimensions.
2. The event.xbutton values are correct.
3. The widget (Shell) core.x and core.y don't seem correct???

Basically the embedded shell doesn't realize that the parent is
moved.

What is interesting is that this code works correctly in Solaris but
is broken in linux.