Automating Windows with speech recognition

1 view

John Doe

May 30, 2005, 5:27:37 PM5/30/05
I intend to use this group for my new Windows macroing endeavors.
Currently using Dragon NaturallySpeaking, for Windows macroing. The
timing in Windows XP appears to be excellent. Using speech
recognition, finding macro activators on a keyboard is no longer an
issue. NaturallySpeaking is able to accurately recognize thousands of
two or three syllable words with no context whatsoever. That means
effectively unlimited, easy to remember script/macro activators.

Besides a few notes, mostly I intend to post macros/scripts.

System requirements:

... Dragon NaturallySpeaking (professional version, 7 or higher)

... any new computer, or a fast home-built computer... ... if you can
afford state of the art, go for it... windows XP might be required
for accurate script playback

... high quality audio recording... record your voice using Windows
Sound Recorder... play it back loudly and listen for noise in the
quiet parts... I am using built in hardware audio on an inexpensive
MSI mainboard (K7N2 Delta2-LSR) and an inexpensive Labtec Axis-311
microphone, works great... there is no need for an expensive sound
card or microphone

... an easily recognizable speaking voice... my first effort at
speech recognition was in 1998, 7 years ago... my voice is ordinary,
I spent a few years dictating into a digital voice recorder if that
helped... do not try IBM's ViaVoice, programming-wise it is like a
big bowl of spaghetti

Christopher Browne

May 31, 2005, 3:46:06 PM5/31/05
In an attempt to throw the authorities off his trail, John Doe <jd...@usenet.love.invalid> transmitted:

> I intend to use this group for my new Windows macroing endeavors.
> Currently using Dragon NaturallySpeaking, for Windows macroing. The
> timing in Windows XP appears to be excellent. Using speech
> recognition, finding macro activators on a keyboard is no longer an
> issue. NaturallySpeaking is able to accurately recognize thousands of
> two or three syllable words with no context whatsoever. That means
> effectively unlimited, easy to remember script/macro activators.

And your question about Open-Look is?

Here's a link to the relevant FAQ:

http://step.polymtl.ca/~coyote/open-look/index.html

What is OPEN LOOK?
OPEN LOOK is a specification of a Graphical User Interface (GUI).
A GUI determines the `look and feel' of a system -- the shape of
windows, buttons and scroll-bars, how you resize things, how you
edit files, etc.

The OPEN LOOK GUI is specified, developed and maintained jointly
by Sun Microsystems and AT&T (or USL?).

It's not usable on Microsoft Windows(tm), so I'm not sure how you can
have any relevant questions for this newsgroup...
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "moc.liamg" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://linuxfinances.info/info/finances.html

"Moral: Structure data late in the programming process."
-- Alan Perlis

John Doe

May 31, 2005, 8:30:09 PM5/31/05
According to the archives, you have never even posted here except

Why would you subscribe to an extinct group?