notes 0001

John Doe

Feb 23, 2005, 9:19:00 AM2/23/05
My new speech recognition application uses the keypad with numlock off.
If the numeric keypad is locked, it unlocks the keypad before sending
input and then locks the keypad after. I guess the reason for that is
to use keypad function keys (like down arrow, up arrow, etc) instead of
the extended function key equivalents, in case the user does not have
those extended function keys. Unfortunately, with numlock off it's
synthesized keystrokes include the same hardware scan code as the real
thing, so apparently I can no longer use those keypad keys as shortcut
keys.

Hmm.