NeWS on the Apollo

gr...@gergle.uucp

May 31, 1988, 12:31:12 AM5/31/88

Has NeWS been ported to the Apollo workstation? If so, from whom
may I get it?

Unless you have a NeWS university source license you are out of luck.
(Something to do with that thick pile of paper that accompanies the source
tape.)

If you do have one, send some mail to
Bertram Hertzog
be...@citi.umich.edu

Bert is the director of UofM CITI.

The port is 1.0 NeWS. It ran on every Apollo I could get my hands on, but
only in monochrome. A dumb framebuffer port is trivial, anyone familiar
with GPR should be able to do the same thing in under a week. I've got
some ideas on how to do a good color port, if anyone cares.

-greg.