Running exe with spaces in name from command prompt in 2000

Foehammer

Sep 5, 2004, 6:12:05 PM9/5/04
Hey,
I'd like to run an executable from the command line and pass it a file
to process. The problem is that the executable has a space in its
name. How can I call it from the command prompt in Windows 2000? I'm
basically testing so that I can attempt the same thing from a batch
file.

Thanks,
Will Gant

W G a n t @ B C R e l a x . c o m

Pelle

Sep 13, 2004, 10:28:20 AM9/13/04
foeh...@hotmail.com (Foehammer) wrote in message news:<27d68359.04090...@posting.google.com>...

> Hey,
> I'd like to run an executable from the command line and pass it a file
> to process. The problem is that the executable has a space in its
> name. How can I call it from the command prompt in Windows 2000?
>
> W G a n t @ B C R e l a x . c o m

Hi there,

use quotes!
e.g. "This is my executable.exe" param.dat