msnmsgr.exe overload

jimmmybuffett

Jul 25, 2004, 10:28:41 PM7/25/04
running Win 2000 and there is an application in the background using
up all the CPU resources. I have narrowed it down to msnmsgr.exe. It
is hidden in the System32 file. They do not run MSN Messagnger at
all. I have read on various forums that viruses or spyware will often
hijack this file and use it to send info out from the computer. This
way many virus protection and spyware programs miss it. I have run
Adaware and Norton and nothing has helped. I have tried to delte the
file as well but it will not allow me. Do you guys have any
suggestions? I have tried to access the Symmantec site for
suggestions but for some reason this computer will not allow me to
access thier site. How can I disable or remove this program?