stretchblt problem

1 view

gotnoname

Dec 16, 2002, 12:58:36 AM12/16/02
I'm developing an engineering app in Borland Builder C++ . Here's my
problem.
I have a 64K float data array that I wish to plot as a chart and show it on
a window. Initially I printed right to the screen in a component know a
Image in Borland. This took a long time. It was recommended that I first
draw the chart onto a bitmap and use the StretchBlt api call to paint it
into a paintbox. Just to experiment around, I first set the width and
height of the bitmap to equal the width and height of the paintbox to see
what I get.

Next the bitmap size was set to be twice the height and width of the
paintbox.

The results were different. Why is this so? I thought stretchblt command
was suppose to compress or stretch the bitmap to fit the destination.