Accessing remote database over the net

marko

Jan 20, 2002, 9:05:28 AM1/20/02
Is it possible that my Visual C++ MFC application access remote database
over the internet on some password secured server. Of course the application
would know the password and all the neccessary details. I've been told that
it isn't possible for a program to access remote database because of the
proxys/firewalls.

thanks.

Jason

Jan 20, 2002, 4:42:16 PM1/20/02
Yep.
My friend works at home and accesses a remote database for programming code.
There are like 5 other guys that all work on the same stuff.
It is like a local network only that it is on the internet instead.
Don't have all the details or the cost per month.

marko <mar...@gmx.de> wrote in message

Chris

Jan 21, 2002, 10:08:51 AM1/21/02
Hi
I do it with RDS (Remote Data Services) from Microsoft
take a look at www.able-consulting, its a very good source of infos on it
or probably you can with a VPN

hth
Chris