Flashing / Blinking Keyboard LEDs

Ross

Feb 7, 2002, 8:35:38 PM2/7/02

Looking around on the Internet, there are a number of programs, mainly alarm
/ calendar programs that alert the user to something by flashing the
keyboard LEDs on and off. I wrote programs to do this back in the DOS days,
but how do you go about doing that in Windows 9x onwards?

Do these programs cheat and just toggle the numlock etc. state, e.g. with a
keybd_event(), or do they switch the LEDs on and off without altering the
num-/caps-/scoll-lock state.

Regards

Alex Blekhman

Feb 10, 2002, 11:20:55 AM2/10/02
"Ross" <a...@b.com> wrote in message

You need to "cheat". Use SendInput() for changing state of LEDs.

Spiro Trikaliotis

Feb 12, 2002, 10:44:55 AM2/12/02
On Sun, 10 Feb 2002 18:20:55 +0200, Alex Blekhman wrote:

>> keybd_event(), or do they switch the LEDs on and off without
>>altering the
>> num-/caps-/scoll-lock state.

>You need to "cheat". Use SendInput() for changing state of LEDs.

Can this be done in any way from a service, when no-one is currently
logged in? I've seen a program which runs as service where the
blinking works as long as someone is logged in, which is not very
good. Especially when nobody is logged in, the blinking would be much
more helpfull.

Any hints?

Ah, I forgot: Obviously, I need this for NT-based windows variants.

Spiro.

Alex Blekhman

Feb 13, 2002, 4:27:22 AM2/13/02
"Spiro Trikaliotis" <Trik...@gmx.de> wrote in message

Sorry, I never did something like that with services. I remember that
there were posters which encountered with "interact with desktop"
feature or something.

HTH
Alex