How to decrypt password form ldiff exxport file

Louis

Mar 31, 2003, 6:57:55 AM3/31/03

I exported my local LDAP database (used with enterprise server 3.61) to an
ldiff export file. The passwords in the file are encrypted. How do I decrypt
these password ?

Thanks,

Louis

dav...@yahoo.com

Mar 31, 2003, 8:06:59 AM3/31/03
Louis <nos...@nospam.nl> wrote:
> How do I decrypt these password ?

You don't.
Davide

Joe Durusau

Mar 31, 2003, 8:30:24 AM3/31/03

There are cracking programs around, but password encryption is
intended to prevent this sort of thing. The idea is that the program
getting the user's password runs whatever the user types though the
encryption alg, then compares the result to the encrypted password file.

Speaking only for myself,

Joe Durusau

Gerry T

Apr 18, 2003, 12:53:52 PM4/18/03
"Louis" <nos...@nospam.nl> wrote in message news:<3e882d1a$0$49105$e4fe...@news.xs4all.nl>...

Why do you need to decrypt them?
What format are they in?

Barrett Richardson

May 1, 2003, 10:14:54 AM5/1/03

Decrypting will most likely not be fruitful, but the encrypted
password fields may be usable in other applications. I've moved the
encrypted passwords from Enterprise Ldap to .htpasswd files with
success.