UCD-SNMP / NET-SNMP config for hostmib AIX 4.3.3

NickS

Sep 5, 2003, 2:43:18 AM9/5/03
Has anyone ever configured/used hostmib variables for AIX v4.3.3?
I want to get hostmib statistics (RFC-1514) like storage/cpu and so on from
a RS/6000.

Any has examples ?

Thanks
Nick

Todd H.

Sep 10, 2003, 12:00:35 PM9/10/03
"NickS" <nick...@hotmail.com> writes:

I'm afraid I can't answer your question, but I do have an AIX jand
Net-snmp related query....

Have you had any luck running the net-snmp daemon as a trap proxy
under AIX? I attempted to (to convert snmpv2 traps to snmpv1 for use
with a network management system that doesn't fully support v2, but
kept having problems with CPU utilization creeping up until netsnmp
was hogging almost all of it.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/

NickS

Sep 11, 2003, 7:24:06 AM9/11/03
Todd,

Unfortunately I've not done anything with UCD-SNMP or NET-SNMP yet.
I'm just looking for something that will give me host stats on AIX v4.3.3.
Have to wait for upgrade to v5 I guess.

Nick

"Todd H." <comp...@toddh.net> wrote in message