rlimit64 problem on solaris 8 sparc

ofuuzo

Apr 3, 2002, 8:54:53 AM4/3/02

I have just installed Solaris 8.0.(sparc, gcc2.95.3). I tried to install
Imagemagick5.4.3 on my solaris sparc machine, but it received below
error when I typed make. I'm really appreciated if anyone could help me
or reference me where I can get help.
NB! I could not find any help on solaris faq.

Thanks in advance.
Ofuuzo

/usr/include/sys/resource.h:193: warning: `struct rlimit64' declared
inside parameter list
/usr/include/sys/resource.h:193: warning: its scope is only this
definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want.
/usr/include/sys/resource.h:194: warning: `struct rlimit64' declared
inside parameter list
source='shear.c' object='shear.lo' libtool=yes \
depfile='.deps/shear.Plo' tmpdepfile='.deps/shear.TPlo' \
depmode=gcc /bin/sh ../depcomp \
/bin/sh ../libtool --silent --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../ -I.
-I. -I. -I.. -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
-I/usr/local/include -g -O2 -Wall -c -o shear.lo `test -f shear.c ||
echo './'`shear.c

Casper H.S. Dik

Apr 3, 2002, 9:36:06 AM4/3/02
ofuuzo <ofu...@ub.uit.no> writes:

>I have just installed Solaris 8.0.(sparc, gcc2.95.3). I tried to install
>Imagemagick5.4.3 on my solaris sparc machine, but it received below
>error when I typed make. I'm really appreciated if anyone could help me
>or reference me where I can get help.

It's a warning, not an error. Ignore it.

Casper
be fiction rather than truth.

ofuuzo

Apr 4, 2002, 2:02:56 AM4/4/02
to Casper H.S. Dik
Casper H.S. Dik wrote:

> ofuuzo <ofu...@ub.uit.no> writes:
>

>>I have just installed Solaris 8.0.(sparc, gcc2.95.3). I tried to install
>>Imagemagick5.4.3 on my solaris sparc machine, but it received below
>>error when I typed make. I'm really appreciated if anyone could help me
>>or reference me where I can get help.
>>

> It's a warning, not an error. Ignore it.

But the installation failed. I received the following when doing "make install":

ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to composite
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `composite'
Current working directory /usr/local/www/ImageMagick-5.4.3/utilities
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install-recursive'

- Ofuuzo