please review a new visual-shell

David Averbuch

Sep 3, 2002, 3:26:01 PM9/3/02

I developed a product that may be categorized as a visual-shell and
need feedback. Its name is 18minutes and you may freely download it
from www.18minutes.com.

Thanks,
David
18minutes.com

Regards,
David
http://www.18minutes.com
http://www.wageware.org

Stephen Edwards

Sep 6, 2002, 12:32:42 AM9/6/02
David Averbuch wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I developed a product that may be categorized as a visual-shell and
> need feedback. Its name is 18minutes and you may freely download it
> from www.18minutes.com.

I can give you three reasons why I have an immediate disinterest
in this software of yours:

1.) It's written in Java. Personally, I equate using Java
applications with kicking dead whales down the beach.
2.) Most Unix users, including myself, will just use cron,
or write their own automation utilities in PERL, Python,
C/C++, or csh/bash/sh.
3.) You want me to "pay" for this thing? Why would I pay for
something when I already acquired something more useful
for free? It would be like downloading NetBSD, and then
going out and buying Windows 2000 Professional.

Try asking systems administrators online in USENET forums or
IRC about what kind of software solutions they would like to
have made available to them. Then use their feedback to write
something you think they would be able to use.

Just my $00.02.
--
while (strcmp(Microsoft, "alive")) && (strcmp(thisuser, "a PC monkey"))
{