History of commands in shells

Matthieu

Jan 29, 2002, 1:59:41 AM1/29/02
Hello,

In my company we use Alpha stations running on Tru64.

Some files were delete without any authorisation, and I would like to know
how can I investigate when and who has send the commands?

Also I know the "at" command how can I be sure there is not an "at
xx-xx-2005 rm *" hidden in my machine ?

Thanks a lot, and sorry for such stupid questions!!!

Matthieu

Eric Windisch

Feb 28, 2002, 9:55:54 PM2/28/02
"Matthieu" <gyp...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<a35hfu$op8$1...@news.hk.linkage.net>...

> Hello,
>
> In my company we use Alpha stations running on Tru64.
>
> Some files were delete without any authorisation, and I would like to know
> how can I investigate when and who has send the commands?
>
> Also I know the "at" command how can I be sure there is not an "at
> xx-xx-2005 rm *" hidden in my machine ?

The command:
at -l

Will list all 'at' jobs for the current user.

As far as a command history goes, it depends on the shell.. and can
vary between operating systems and setups.. of course, users are able
to forge and/or delete their history files.. so don't trust them :)