null modem file transfer

bar...@mindspring.com

Feb 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/2/98

Hi everyone. I'm trying to transfer some data from an old Xenix 3.1
machine to a new SCO OS5 machine. For one reason or another I'm not able
to transfer this data via magnetic media i.e. floppy or tape (the Xenix
hardware is really really old). These machines are not on a network and
have no connection to each other. I'd like to try a transfer utilizing a
null-modem cable. What's the easy way to do this? Please send any advice
to bar...@mindspring.com

Thanx in advance for any help.

Roberto@TSF

Feb 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/12/98
to bar...@mindspring.com

You could use uucp.
must configure the files under /usr/lib/uucp :
Systems Devices Permissions
and create right username, machine name
do man uucp.

hope this takes you on the right way.

--
saluti-gr"usse-salutations-regards-saludos ...
Roberto Basville.

mailto:r...@ats.it
mailto:basv...@asamrt.interbusiness.it
http://www.geocities.com/Baja/3843

Larry Foote

Feb 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/14/98

"Roberto@TSF" <basv...@asamrt.interbusiness.it> wrote:

This system would be using a pre HDB version of uucp. The files that
would need to be modified would be L.Sys L.Devices and I think the
permissions file was L.Permissions. The setup was quite different as
far as the syntax of the lines in the files. Hopefully, there are
already some lines in each to go by.
Larry Foote