xenix for Alotos servers

TVC one5

Jan 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/17/96
I am considering trying to revamp a pair of Altos 386 servers. I know
that the systems came with some form of Xenix on them from about 1989, and
I am wondering if this could become a useable plateform as a
charecter-bases server for Word Perfect or a charecter-based version of
Word. From what I can gather, the architecture for the system is called
ACPA which I suspect stands for Altos Computers Proprietary Architecture.
Does anybody have any experience with these little beasts? Was much
software made for them? Any info about these systems is grately
appreciated.

-R

Peachtree Associates Inc.

Jan 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/19/96
tvc...@aol.com (TVC one5) wrote:

>I am considering trying to revamp a pair of Altos 386 servers.

Computer Support of Sioux City, LTD specializes in old Altos machines.
Their number is (712) 258-8888

Raj Rijhwani

Jan 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/20/96
In article <4donl1$a...@brickbat.mindspring.com>

p...@atl.mindspring.com "Peachtree Associates Inc." writes:

> Computer Support of Sioux City, LTD specializes in old Altos machines.
> Their number is (712) 258-8888

Do they have an e-mail address? I don't fancy calling Transatlantic, and
I'd like to make a few enquiries about my 886.
--
Raj Rijhwani (umtsb5/16) | This is the voice of the Mysterons...
r...@courtfld.demon.co.uk | ... We know that you can hear us Earthmen

Carkea

Jan 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/27/96
Hello

I work at computer support of sioux city. Our e-mail address is
cs...@www.siouxlan.com . Our website is http://www.siouxlan.com/cssc
we support all of the old Altos machines and the new Acer/Altos machines.

Steve Caruso

Carkea

Jan 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/27/96

mber...@nexgenerationcentral.com

Apr 29, 2013, 11:29:23 AM4/29/13
Steve do you happen to have any old Altos systems around??? I collect them and am interested in purchasing anything you have...

Thanks,
Matthew (mber...@csasp.org)