Altos 886 (another antique)

Raj Rijhwani

Jan 29, 1995, 9:28:31 AM1/29/95
Like the poster on the subject of the 586, I have an 886 with nothing but
a base boot system (Xenix 1.3.4 if I remember correctly), and I would ]
dearly like to get hold of the dev kit for it to make it into a useful
machine again.

Any assistance welcome.
--
Raj Rijhwani | This is the voice of the Mysterons...
g...@raines.demon.co.uk | ... We know that you can hear us Earthmen

W. LeRoy (AKA MrWizard) Davis

Jan 30, 1995, 10:26:25 PM1/30/95
Raj Rijhwani (g...@raines.demon.co.uk) wrote:
: Like the poster on the subject of the 586, I have an 886 with nothing but
: a base boot system (Xenix 1.3.4 if I remember correctly), and I would ]
: dearly like to get hold of the dev kit for it to make it into a useful
: machine again.

: Any assistance welcome.

There is a company:

Computer Support
4200 W. Gordon Dr.
Sioux City, IA 51109
(712) 277-0095

They still carry the development set for the Altos "historical" systems.
--
W. LeRoy Davis
le...@netcom.com

Raj Rijhwani

Feb 2, 1995, 9:10:25 PM2/2/95
In article <leroyD3...@netcom.com>
le...@netcom.com "W. LeRoy (AKA MrWizard" writes:

> There is a company:

Y-e-sss...

> Computer Support
> 4200 W. Gordon Dr.
> Sioux City, IA 51109

Omigawd - Sioux City, Iowa. Famous over here 'cos of a certian Mr Letterman.

> They still carry the development set for the Altos "historical" systems.

I don't suppose you know how much the ask for them, do you?

Brent Austin BT

Feb 3, 1995, 11:28:20 AM2/3/95

> > They still carry the development set for the Altos "historical" systems.
>
> I don't suppose you know how much the ask for them, do you?

I would also be very interested in any news or details of Altos Hardware
and Software, especially in the UK.

I have an Altos 2086 which runs OK, but I would like additonal libraries
and header files for the C compiler, and also like to find a PC worknet
card and supporting software so that I can interwork my PC to the 2086.

Brent Austin, E-mail aust...@svhdev.te.bt.co.uk.bt, Tel +44 1473 293423
+ Opinions expressed herein are my own, and not necessarily those of BT plc. +

mber...@nexgenerationcentral.com

Apr 29, 2013, 11:26:44 AM4/29/13
If anyone wants to sell their Altos system's let me know.. I sort of collect them!!!

Thanks, Matt (mber...@csasp.org)

mber...@nexgenerationcentral.com

Jan 2, 2018, 12:06:06 AM1/2/18
Sorry my email has changed just in case anyone comes by this old post.. It's now mber...@riamm.org