Q. HP-UX 10 - Mounting CD's and getting Long File Names to Work

jo...@somewhere.private

Aug 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/19/00
At work we use Linux to cut CD's with mkisofs and cdrecord. This works
for all Unixes that we have tested, except for HP-UX which has a
problem showing the long file names from the Rock Ridge extensions.

mkisofs is used with the flag -R and -J to create both Rock Ridge and
Joliet extensions so that our customes can mount our CD's on the Unix
server or there Windows PC's.

On HP-UX, we mount the CD's with the standard options from /etc/fstab
as supplied by HP, i.e.

/dev/dsk/c3t2d0 /cdrom cdfs ro,cdcase 0 1

This only shows the 8.3 style filenames and not the long filenames
that we expect.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Kind Regards

John Auld