Question about NFS weak authentication error

Scott Riggen

Jul 18, 2001, 8:00:34 PM7/18/01
Hi all,

I have an NS2K auspex file server sharing out several hundred shares.
It is running 3.0.1 P4 and solaris 2.6
Recently we started adding Linux Boxes, Sun Blade 100's running Solaris 8.
It appears that I am now having random authentication issues with these
boxes.

On the server I get something like.
NP3114 nfs3_server: weak authentication, source IP address=13.62.143.161

On the Server My share line looks like this
share -F nfs -o sec=sys,rw=catenary,ro=gesa /export/apps/hotmetalpro

On the client I get
automountd[291]: [ID 834250 daemon.error] mount of
dodona136:/export/apps/hotmetalpro/sun4 on /app/hotmetalpro: Permission
denied.

We are using an automounter. the map looks like this
hotmetalpro -rw,hard,intr,grpid,nosuid,$APPCACHE
$DODONA:/export/apps/&/$ARCH

I have over 100 Solaris 7 clients and it rarely happens to them.
It seems as if only the recent stuff is having the worst issues.
Auspex seems at a loss at this pont.

Any Help Would Be Appreciated.

Scott Riggen
Xerox, Corp