How can I get the fullness of a UDP socket?

David Trusty

Jan 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/12/00

How do I get the current size (number of bytes in the system buffers)
for a UDP socket?

I am using Solaris 7.

Thanks in advance!!!

David

Boris Goldberg

Jan 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/13/00

ioctl(fd, FIONREAD, &n)

Rick Jones

Jan 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/13/00
In comp.unix.solaris Boris Goldberg <bor...@ms.com> wrote:

> David Trusty wrote:
>> How do I get the current size (number of bytes in the system
>> buffers) for a UDP socket?

> ioctl(fd, FIONREAD, &n)

For a UDP socket, will that return the number of bytes, or the number
of messages?

rick jones
feel free to email, or post, but please do not do both...
my email address is raj in the cup.hp.com domain...

Boris Goldberg

Jan 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/13/00
Rick Jones wrote:

> In comp.unix.solaris Boris Goldberg <bor...@ms.com> wrote:
> > David Trusty wrote:
> >> How do I get the current size (number of bytes in the system
> >> buffers) for a UDP socket?
>
> > ioctl(fd, FIONREAD, &n)
>
> For a UDP socket, will that return the number of bytes, or the number
> of messages?

number of bytes.