Integrate OSes into Windows NT and 2000

Yves Leclerc

Apr 10, 2001, 8:11:14 PM4/10/01
I need a LOT of help!!! I am required to setup a network with 2 SCO
OpenServer 5, 1 UnixWare 7.11, 1 Novell 4.11, 1 Linux (Red Hat 6), 1 Windows
NT 4.0 and 1 Windows 2000 server. I know this is a lot of different
servers, but I need all, since my company is a software developer and we
must maintain compatibility with each server.

Here is my dilemma! I have successfully gave access to both my Novell
server and all my SCO/UnixWare/Linux servers across my office network. Now,
I need to include my Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000 servers. I do not know
either Windows NT 4 nor Windows 2000 server, so I do not know where to
start. I believe I need to create a primary domain controller server and
link it into second Windows server. I will then need to be able to create
user accounts, based on the Novell user accounts. I would like my users to
be able to access Windows 2000 server or NT 4.0 upon login to Novell.

I have installed both Windows 2000 server and Windows NT 4.0 Back Office 4.5
onto separate stand-alone server and I am stuck in creation of the linked
access and user accounts.

Please, any info would be appreciated and any web site links would be
welcomed!!!!!!!

Yves Leclerc
A 'drowning' Unix/Linux and Novell Administrator

Tony Lawrence

Apr 11, 2001, 7:04:36 AM4/11/01
Yves Leclerc wrote:

> I need a LOT of help!!! I am required to setup a network with 2 SCO
> OpenServer 5, 1 UnixWare 7.11, 1 Novell 4.11, 1 Linux (Red Hat 6), 1 Windows
> NT 4.0 and 1 Windows 2000 server. I know this is a lot of different
> servers, but I need all, since my company is a software developer and we
> must maintain compatibility with each server.

This book might get you started:
http://pcunix.com/Books/unixwin2kint.html

--
Tony Lawrence (to...@aplawrence.com)
SCO/Linux articles, help, book reviews, tests,

Yves Leclerc

David Mabo

Apr 13, 2001, 12:16:00 AM4/13/01

Hire an expert who has done this.
--
David H. Mabo, CPCM
Adaptix Corp. - Cincinnati, Ohio

Jason Bean

Apr 13, 2001, 12:49:09 AM4/13/01

David Mabo wrote:

--Yes but he doesn't WANT to hire an expert. That's why these newsgroups are here.

Jason

http://members.home.net/jbean3
Remove the {nospam pls} in my name to reply

David Mabo

Apr 13, 2001, 9:09:06 PM4/13/01

I understand why these news groups are here. But sometimes the
requirement is too great to get over a newsgroup. There are books on
how to do this, and after reading some material, asking some questions
to fill in the missing info might work, but I do not expect people to
give me the start, end and middle on a newsgroup.

Steve Kirby

Apr 18, 2001, 9:02:54 AM4/18/01
Yves, the product you want is NDS Account Management. version 2.1 is the
latest. It replaces a product called NDS for NT. What it basically does is
replace the NT/2000 SAM with a re-director that sends any security requests
to the Novell NDS. I would also suggest you update your Novell 4.11 to at
least 5.1. After all Novell are about to release version 6 in a couple of
months!

Novell e-Directory is the base of your security solutions, it is a very
mature product (been around for about 6 years), and has the largest
installed base of any directory based solution. You can laso have it support
Unix (not sure which versions), Linux, NT/2000, Solaris, and even hooks into
LDAP, and I am sure more to come. It is the only cross platform directory
and security solution you'll ever need.

Go the the Novell site (www.novell.com) and take a look at the product
offerings. I think you'll find your answers there.

Regards,
Stavros
AUSTRALIA

"Yves Leclerc" <yvesl...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message