UnixWare 7.0.1 nfs

Darrel C. Goeddel

Jan 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/17/00
I'm having trouble creating files on a nfs filesystem (UnixWare 7.0.1)
mounted from a Solaris 2.7 server.

When trying to do a recursive copy from local disk to nfs, I receive
several errors like this trying to create directories:

UX:mkdir: ERROR: Cannot create directory "directory_name": Value too
large for defined data type

Truss reports mkdir failing with error #79 (EOVERFLOW).

I have tried mounting the nfs filesystem with 1K, 2K, 4K, and 8K blocks,
as well as both caching and not caching the attributes.

If anyone has solved a similar problem, your help would be greatly
appreciated.

Darrel Goeddel

jerry sutton

Jan 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/18/00

Your problem does not sound to me like a blocksize related
one.

How 'big' is the directory on the Solaris 7 box? How long
is the name of the directory? Is the S7 box running a
64 bit kernel? Do you have >2GB support enabled on the UW
box?
--
Jerry Sutton jer...@airmail.net
and of course, I don't speak on behalf of my employer

matt...@my-deja.com

Feb 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/10/00
We are having the same problem, but we are not mounting from Solaris bur
instead IRIX. We get the exace same symptoms. Have you found and
answer to this?

In article <388383A4...@argus-systems.com>,

"Darrel C. Goeddel" <dgoe...@argus-systems.com> wrote:
> I'm having trouble creating files on a nfs filesystem (UnixWare 7.0.1)
> mounted from a Solaris 2.7 server.
>
> When trying to do a recursive copy from local disk to nfs, I receive
> several errors like this trying to create directories:
>
> UX:mkdir: ERROR: Cannot create directory "directory_name": Value too
> large for defined data type
>
> Truss reports mkdir failing with error #79 (EOVERFLOW).
>
> I have tried mounting the nfs filesystem with 1K, 2K, 4K, and 8K
blocks,
> as well as both caching and not caching the attributes.
>
> If anyone has solved a similar problem, your help would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Darrel Goeddel

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Marlinrain

Mar 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/10/00
I'm looking for info on the UnixWare 7.0.1 SCO system
I am currently pulling my hair out trying to configure my modem to send and
receive.
I have a standard US Robotics 56 k v.90 "real" modem
What is the config procedure to set this puppy up the unixware7 sysadmin
book is ridiculous for getting instructions!
as is the system handbook......

if anyone out there can steer me to a newsgroup or a webpage (I have web
access on another system)
so that I can get the basic questions answered about this system I'd by them
a coffeeand bear claw, no questions asked!

Thanks much

Kelly Smith, Certified UnixWare7 Reseller.

jon drane

Mar 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/10/00
In article <Fzfy4.1974$oN5.5...@tw11.nn.bcandid.com>,

"Marlinrain" <marli...@cruzers.com> wrote:
>I'm looking for info on the UnixWare 7.0.1 SCO system
>I am currently pulling my hair out trying to configure my modem
to send and
>receive.
> I have a standard US Robotics 56 k v.90 "real" modem
>What is the config procedure to set this puppy up the unixware7
sysadmin
>book is ridiculous for getting instructions!
>as is the system handbook......
>
>if anyone out there can steer me to a newsgroup or a webpage (I
have web
>access on another system)
>so that I can get the basic questions answered about this system
I'd by them
>a coffeeand bear claw, no questions asked!
>

>Thanks much
>
>Kelly Smith, Certified UnixWare7 Reseller.

what's this got to do with NFS? :)

You dont say what you're trying to do - dial out PPP, dial in
serial.. what?

try here --

http://www.sco.com/ta/

and search on unixware and modem.