Unixware 7 Doesn't see my COM1 or COM2 ports

1 view

Jay Glendenning

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
Any ideas as to how I can get them in the device table

They show up upon boot (BIOS) .. but don't exist under
SCO Unixware

Thanks in advance

Jay

Roberto Zini

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99

Hi !

Fire up 'dcu' (as root), select "Hardware Device Configuration"
and check if the COM ports are being recognized by the program;
if not, tried to add it manually.

Also, check under /dev/term and read the asyc(7) manual pages.

Hope this helps !

Best,
Roberto
Roberto Zini email : fr...@strhold.it
Technical Support Manager -- Strhold Sistemi EDP Reggio Emilia(ITALY)
"Has anybody around here seen an aircraft carrier?"
(Pete "Maverick" Mitchell - Top Gun)

Ron Kirschner

Dec 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/21/99
Have you checked the serial manager under hardware in scoadmin