ULTRIX manuals & booting SAS on VAX-11/7xx, ULTRIX console media

vaxorcist

Oct 25, 2011, 4:17:23 AM10/25/11

I'm looking for manuals for ULTRIX, especially "Basic Installation
Guides" for the VAX-11/7xx models. I'd like how to boot SAS (Stand
Alone System) under V2.x, V3.x and V4.x on the old VAXen. I've managed
to install ULTRIX V1.1 on the simh VAX-11/780 (V1.x used the "old"
boot style without vmb.exe), but I don't know how to do it from V2
upwards. I know how to install ULTRIX V2.x-V4.x with the help of a
MicroVAX (e.g. simh MicroVAX 3900), but I'd like to do it the proper
way, that is with the VAX-11/7xx alone.

If there's anyone out there still having ULTRIX console media (RX01,
TU58, RL02, RX50), please let me know!

Anyone know whether it is possible (and how) to build the standalone
console media from within ULTRIX?

Regards,

Ulli